Friday, September 14, 2012

once upon a time

me: once upon a time there was a...
asher: family! me and you and daddy and nater!
me: oh, ok! and our family was...
asher: walking down the sidewalk by the ice cream shop across from the race cars.
me: ...and we were walking and talking. then, we looked both ways and very carefully crossed the street so that we could go ride the race cars.
asher: yes! and me and daddy got in a red one with orange flames. that's because flames means it's the fastest car!
me: ok, and me and nater got in a pink car!
asher: no, not nater. he's on the boy team so he got in the car with me and daddy. you're girl team so you have to ride by yourself.
me: ok, so we start racing and i almost beat team boy!
asher: yeah, almost, but you don't because our car has flames, remember? and flames means we're the fastest.
me: ok, the boy team wins!
asher: yeah, that was a good story, mom.

asher and i play once upon a time when we have time to pass, like when he's going potty or we're driving in the car. usually his stories and subsequent details are about mac trucks or bears or other things that might grab a little boys interests. i was touched that this time, he told a story about his family spending time together. although, i think we're eventually going to need to add a little girl to our crew so that i stand a chance against the boy team.

No comments:

Post a Comment