Tuesday, June 19, 2012

dessert

me: asher! lunch is ready!
*he comes into the kitchen and sits down
asher: wow, mom! thanks for making my lunch!
me: you're welcome, bud. i'm happy to do it!
asher: i'm going to eat my sandwich and cheese first and then my desserts.
me: ok.
asher: thanks for getting me these desserts, mom.
me: you're welcome.
asher: no, i mean, thanks for giving me these desserts without you saying no to me.

asher's lunch consisted of a toasted whole wheat english muffin with a little bit of jelly and 1/2 a slice of colby jack cheese. his desserts were a cup of healthy yogurt and a homemade granola star. i used this recipe and they taste awesome! i didn't have peanuts on hand, so i melted crunchy peanut butter instead and it worked great. i also added flax seed and chocolate chips. asher and i used star shaped cookie cutters to make granola stars instead of bars. the boys love them because they're getting a special, sweet treat. i love them because they're healthy and i know exactly what's in them. this recipe has definitely become a family favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment