Tuesday, April 12, 2011

wake up call

in the wee hours of the morning, i felt something poke me in the eye as i was sleeping. i opened my other non-poke-impaired eye to find asher standing next to the bed trying to put my glasses on my face for me.

me: what are you doing? (i groggily whisper)
asher: gotta get dese gwasses on, mama. (he whispers back)
me: it's not time to get up yet. what time is it?
asher: i not know. yes, it time to get up.
*i check my phone which says 6:32 a.m.
me: 6:30. shewf.
asher: get up, mama.
me: i don't wanna. it's too early.
asher: it time a get up now, mama. gotta go in der now.
me: ugh. ok, i'm coming.

i have a feeling this conversation will be reversed in a few years.

except maybe i will decide to homeschool and then i can decide when school starts and we can all sleep gloriously late.

and by "gloriously late" i mean like 8:00 in the morning.

because that sounds glorious and late to me these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment